Beef and Sweet Potato Curry
2 Tbsp Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
500g beef rump or caserole steak, cut into 3cm cubes
1 large brown onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
3cm peice of fresh ginger, crushed
70g massaman curry paste
400ml Banaban Organic Coconut Milk
200ml beef or chicken stock, hot
1 cinnamon stick
300g sweet potato, cut into cubes
Fresh chopped coriander, to garnish
1. Season the beef with salt and pepper
2. Heat 1 Tbsp Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in a large, heavy based saucepan over high heat
3. Fry beef in batches until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside
4. In the same frying pan, turn down the heat to medium. Add the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened and lightly golden.
5. Add the garlic, chillies and ginger and fry for 1 minute. Add the curry paste and fry for a further 3 minutes.
6. Return beef to the frying pan and add the Banaban Organic Coconut Milk, stock and cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil then cover with lid and simmer gently, stirring occaisionally, for 30 minutes until the beef is tender.
7. Add the sweet potato and cook for a further 15 minutes until tender. Remove the cinnamon stick and scatter with fresh coriander leaves.
8. Serve with steamed rice or coconut rice!