Layered Vegetable Bake
2 tbsp. Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil
1 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthways
1 medium eggplant, sliced thinly lengthways
1 medium sweet potato, sliced thinly lengthways
5 large tomatoes, diced
1 cup water
½ cup fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
Pinch of Banaban Organic Coconut Sugar
Celtic salt and pepper, to taste
Cheese of choice (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a kitchen dish with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the zucchini and eggplant with salt and leave for 15 minutes, this will soften them.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a non-stick pan and cook the sliced vegetables in small batches for about 3 mins on each side.
- Set aside and drain on paper towel.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes, water, basil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Spoon a small amount of sauce onto the dish and lay6er the eggplant, sweet potato, zucchini over the top.
- Cover with sauce and repeat until all the veggies are used up.
- Top with cheese of your choice and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the veggies are soft!