Banaban Coconut Oil Hot Cross Buns
Hot Cross Bun Recipe
Eating healthy over Easter gets exciting with our Banaban Hot Cross Buns. You wont want to make them any other way after you've tried these!
1 cup Banaban Coconut Flour
1 1/2 cups almond meal
250 grams Coconut Oil
2 apples (grated)
3/4 cup of raisins (unsweetened)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup Coconut Nectar / maple syrup / honey
1 tbsp coconut flour
Few drops of water
Preheat oven at 190 C
1. Line 12 muffin tins with cases
2. In a large mixing bowl, put in the coconut flour, almond meal, nutmeg and cinnamon and evenly mix
3. Add coconut nectar, butter and eggs. Mix very well.
4. Add the apple and sultanas. Mix again until a dough consistency.
5. Once fully combined, roll into 12 even dough balls.
6. Place into the muffin cases and press down slightly.
1. Pop the coconut flour into a bowl
2. Add a couple of drops of water whilst still stirring with a fork until a thick white paste.
3. Pop into a piping bag and create the cross on top of each bun.
4. Place into the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Take out of the muffin cases and serve