Nutritional Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil
BANABAN Extra Virgin Coconut Oil® | BANABAN ORGANIC Extra Virgin Coconut Oil®
Coconut oil has been called "the healthiest dietary oil on earth".
If you're not using coconut oil for your daily cooking and body care means you're missing out on one of nature's most amazing health products.
Available in 125ml, 250ml, 350ml, 500ml, 1 litre, 2 litres, 4litres, 20litres
Note:If stored below 65 degrees (F) 18 degrees (C) oil will begin to solidify. If exposed to temperatures above 65 degrees (F) 18 degree (C) for any length of time, oil will liquefy.
BANABAN VIRGIN COCONUT OIL DOES NOT REQUIRE REFRIGERATION
CLICK HERE to see some suggested uses for Virgin Coconut Oil
Typical Analysis - Fatty Acids
Virgin Coconut Oil is extracted from fresh organically grown Fiji coconuts with the least amount of processing so that the natural vitamin E, antioxidants and fresh coconut "essence" are retained.
- Easy digestibility and absorbable
- Contains Vitamin E
- Composed mainly of short and medium chain fatty acids which have desirable qualities and functions
- Does not contain cholesterol
- Reduced fat accumulation in body
- Easily oxidized and therefore a preferred energy source
- Requires no transport system to absorb, digest and metabolize
- Very low content of Omega 6 fatty acid
- Helps maintain healthy ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids when consumed as a part of diet
- Rich content of lauric acid, the source of disease fighting fatty acid derivative monolaurin
- Contains 6-8 per cent monounsaturated oleic acid
- Inhibitory effect against certain chemical carcinogens
- Superior antigenotoxic activity
Studies undertaken by the Biochemistry Department, University of Kerala showed that coconut oil:
- Does not elevate blood total cholesterol
- Increases blood HDL cholesterol
- Consumed along with coconut kernel lowers blood cholesterol
- Does not elevate LDL cholesterol or LDL cholesterol/HDL cholesterol ratio
- Decreases serum triglycerides