Great for those who are diet - healthy coconut pancakes
For a even healthier version try adding Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil as butter substitute
You could also try **Banaban Organic Coconut Flour but just remember if you do substitute some coconut flour into this recipe you will need to add more eggs and baking powder.
Banaban Organic Coconut Milk
is now available
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup all-purpose flour **Banaban Organic Coconut Flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
3/4 cup milk (substitute Banaban Organic Coconut Milk)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon melted butter (or substitute Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar (substitute Banaban Organic Coconut Sugar)
3/4 cup water
1. Sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Whisk the egg with the Banaban Organic Coconut Milk and water, then add the dry ingredients.
3. Add the melted butter (or substitute Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil)
4. Stir in the coconut.
5. Prepare on a hot griddle (as you would normal pancakes).
6. Serve with honey, syrup, or sprinkle with powdered sugar. (substitute Banaban Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup)
Makes 8 pancakes
Nutritional information for one pancake: 225 calories, 10.7g fat, 3.6g fiber