This recipe features Coconut Milk and you can also use your
1 kg large prawns (peeled, deveined, tail-removed)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup onion, finely chopped
400g can Banaban Organic Coconut Milk
1 teaspoon Fiji Curry powder
1 ripe mango, cubed
4 tablespoons Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, divided
1 lime, juiced
6 basil leaves
Scallions, chopped (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly season prawns with salt and pepper, lime juice and 2 tablespoons Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Toss and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, heat remaining olive oil. Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes.
3. Add chopped garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Add Fiji Curry powder, coconut milk and season to your taste with salt and pepper.
4. After it’s been heated through, turn off flame and take a ¼ cup of the Banaban Organic Coconut Milk mixture and puree in a blender along with half the cubed mangoes.
5. Then add back to the coconut milk mixture and mix until well-combined. Set aside.
6. Skewer prawns and grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Add torn basil to coconut milk mixture and reheat if necessary.
8. Ladle four to six individual plates with sauce.
9. Divide prawns among the plates and top with scallions and mangoes.
USA version by Elizabeth Carrion Published July 07, 2012 Fox News Latino