Sweet Potato & Zucchini Fritters
Fritter's are without a date a staple savoury breakfast recipe in my house on weekends!
Equipment Required: Grater + fry pan and mixing bowl
1 large sweet potato, peel and grated
2 zucchinis, grated
150g feta, crumbled
Handful shallots, thinly sliced
2 eggs, whisked
Salt and pepper to season
Coconut oil for shallow frying
1. Prepare sweet potato and zucchini and place a frying pan over low-medium heat.
2. Squeeze excess liquid from the sweet potato and place in the mixing bowl along with remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined. Your fry pan should be ready now for a little bit of coconut oil.
3. A little tip to create the perfect even sized fritters is by placing a stainless steel cookie cutter on the frying pan and grab 2 tbsp. of the mixture, using your hands form a small patty and place inside the cookie cutter for perfect sized fritters. If you don't have a cookie cutter, you can place them directly in the pan.
4. Cook them for 3-4 minutes, per each side until the entire mixture is cooked.
5. Serve with a small rocket salad or dip with natural Greek or coconut yoghurt.
Recipe by: Brynley King
A blogger of all things coconut from - www.goingcoconuts.com.au and Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil’s Creative Director - Bryn is Australia’s Certified Organic under 30 winner, Going Coconuts Recipe App Creator, International Published Author of Going Coconuts (Australia) & Superfood Kokos (Europe). // You can also check out Bryn’s latest and best selling Going Coconuts Baking Mixes including healthy sticky date + cinnamon donuts in all good health food stores across Australia & New Zealand <3