Pan Fried Scallops in Coconut Oil drizzled with Garlic Chilli & Coriander
These incredible little scallops make a perfect entrée or tapas at a dinner party. As these scallops are pan seared in coconut oil, the fusion of coconut with the scallop and fresh herbs are a winning combination.
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO | DAIRY FREE
Approx. $30.00 AUD per batch - $5.00 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Fry pan/skillet & serving plate
12 fresh ½ scallops (on the shell for optimal presentation)
1 tbsp. fresh chilli, diced
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
Spray coconut oil or 1tbsp. coconut oil
Pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
1. Gently remove scallops from their shell (still keep the shells for serving).
2. Place skillet or fry pan on the stove and bring to a medium heat.
3. Spray coconut oil on the skillet or add 1 tbsp. of regular coconut oil to the pan.
4. Fry scallops in coconut oil for around 1 minute until golden on each side.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, combine fresh chilli, garlic, coriander and salt.
6. Place cooked scallops back on original shell base and add ¼ tsp. of the herb paste on top.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Tip – You can also garnish with some fresh micro herbs!
Recipe by: Brynley King
Photography by: Jo Anderson
A blogger of all things coconut from - www.goingcoconuts.com.au and Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil’s Creative Director - Bryn is Australia’s Certified Organic under 30 winner, Going Coconuts Recipe App Creator, International Published Author of Going Coconuts (Australia) & Superfood Kokos (Europe). // You can also check out Bryn’s latest and best selling Going Coconuts Baking Mixes including healthy sticky date + cinnamon donuts in all good health food stores across Australia & New Zealand <3