Vanilla Pavlova with Whipped Coconut Cream, Caramel Sauce, Pomegranates & Figs
This is an Australian favourite – a beautiful Pavlova! Sorry Vegan friends, I couldn’t resist a beautiful Pav recipe on the blog!
GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE OPTION
Approx. $8.32 AUD per batch - $1.04 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Baking tray, electric mixer (on a stand) and oven
6 large egg whites
1 ½ cups caster sugar *I have tried so many attempts with coconut sugar but the moisture content in the sugar is not stable enough to hold the pavlova in place
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. corn flour
4 fresh figs, quartered
½ pomegranate arils
1 cup thickened cream, whipped or for a dairy free option whipped coconut cream
1 cup caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 130°C or 266°F and place baking rack at the bottom of the oven.
2. Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper and draw a circle in the middle; this will be your guide for the Pavlova shape.
3. As you will be mixing the egg whites for quite some time, use an electric mixer on a stand for this section.
4. Beat egg whites, sugar, vinegar and vanilla on a medium to high speed for around 15 – 18 minutes until firm peaks start to form.
5. Sift in the cornflour and fold the mixture using a spatula.
6. Using a spoon, add portions of the mixture to the baking tray, inside the circle, until the entire mixture is on the baking tray.
7. Reduce the oven temperature down to around 85°C or 185°F. Place the mixture in the oven for 1 hour until crisp looking.
8. Leaving the oven door open, let the Pavlova sit in the oven to cool for a further 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow Pavlova to set. Taking it out too early can cause the Pavlova to collapse.
9. Allow the Pavlova to set overnight in an airtight container at room temperature.
10. Right before serving, add garnish ingredients to the Pavlova and enjoy!
Recipe by: Brynley King
Photography by: Jo Anderson
A blogger of all things coconut from - www.goingcoconuts.com.au and Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil’s Creative Director - Bryn is Australia’s Certified Organic under 30 winner, Going Coconuts Recipe App Creator, International Published Author of Going Coconuts (Australia) & Superfood Kokos (Europe). // You can also check out Bryn’s latest and best selling Going Coconuts Baking Mixes including healthy sticky date + cinnamon donuts in all good health food stores across Australia & New Zealand <3