Cacao Coconut Strawberry Cake
This is a beautiful cacao cake that is delicious and moist! Jazz it up with some rich whipped cream and fresh berries! It is a little more on the expensive side as it uses three cups of almond meal, but if you are on a budget and not gluten intolerant you can swap the almond meal for plain flour on a 1:1 ratio.
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO | DAIRY FREE
Approx. $16.73 AUD per batch - $1.04 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Springform baking tin and oven
3 cups almond meal
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 cup Banaban coconut sugar
2 tsp. gluten free baking powder
1/2 cup Banaban desiccated coconut
1/2 cup maple syrup or Banaban Coconut Nectar
1/2 cup almond or Banaban coconut milk
2 tsp. Banaban coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
2 tbsp. crushed almonds
1 cup thickened cream, whipped or for a dairy free option whipped coconut cream
1/2 cup chocolate sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C or 302°F
2. Grease a springform baking tin to ensure mixture won’t stick to the sides.
2. Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Put wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients together and place mixture into the baking tin.
5. Place in the oven for 40-50 minutes until cooked through. To check this, simply place a butter knife in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, it is ready. If not, pop it back in the oven for a few more minutes.
6. To serve as the image above, allow the cake to fully cool.
7. Cut the cake into three even layers, not too thick, however, as you want the cream to hold the cake up.
8. Whip 1 cup of thickened cream or for a dairy free option whip coconut cream as per condiments recipe section.
9. Place cream evenly on middle layers and top with fresh berries and nuts and enjoy!
Recipe by: Brynley King
Photography by: Jo Anderson
A blogger of all things coconut from - www.goingcoconuts.com.au and Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil’s Creative Director - Bryn is Australia’s Certified Organic under 30 winner, Going Coconuts Recipe App Creator, International Published Author of Going Coconuts (Australia) & Superfood Kokos (Europe). // You can also check out Bryn’s latest and best selling Going Coconuts Baking Mixes including healthy sticky date + cinnamon donuts in all good health food stores across Australia & New Zealand <3