Carrot & Macadamia Cake with Banaban No Nut Spread
CARROT & MACADAMIA CAKE
This cake is so soft and delicate and has an incredible burst of flavour!
GLUTEN FREE | VEGETARIAN | DAIRY FREE
Serves 16 slices
2 cups almond meal
1 cup Banaban Coconut Sugar 1/4 cup chopped macadamias 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder 1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups carrot, grated
1 orange, rind and juice
2 tbsp. Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tbsp. Banaban No Nut Spread
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F.
2. Grease a circular cake tin with spray coconut oil or baking paper.
2. Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Place wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients together and place mixture into prepared cake tin.
5. Place in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes until cooked through. To check this, simply place a butter knife in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean it is ready. If not, pop the cake back in the oven for a few more minutes.
6. Serve on its own or with coconut yoghurt as an icing with chopped nuts and more orange rind. Enjoy!
Recipe by Brynley King:
A blogger of all things coconut from - www.goingcoconuts.com.au and Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil’s Creative Director - Bryn is Australia’s Certified Organic under 30 winner, Going Coconuts Recipe App Creator, International Published Author of Going Coconuts (Australia) & Superfood Kokos (Europe). // You can also check out Bryn’s latest and best selling Going Coconuts Baking Mixes including healthy sticky date + cinnamon donuts in all good health food stores across Australia & New Zealand <3 - See more at: http://www.naturepacific.com/blog/39-buckwheat-banana-pancakes-with-banaban-no-nut-spread#sthash.GS0hzeNa.dpuf