Sweet Potato Brownie
Sweet Potato Brownie
This brownie is so gooey and fudge like, you will be saving this recipe for years to come!
GLUTEN FREE | VEGETARIAN | DAIRY FREE
Serves 16 slices
Equipment Required: Brownie tin + mixing bowl and oven
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup Banaban Organic Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup choc chips (any choc chips that suit your intolerances)
1 medium sweet potato (around 400g), peeled and diced
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup Banaban Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup or maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C or 320°F.
2. For this recipe it's best to line a brownie tin with baking paper as the mixture it quite moist.
3.Firstly, prepare the sweet potato and bring a saucepan of water on medium heat to the boil. Cook the sweet potato for 15-20 minutes before draining and mashing.
4. Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
5. Place wet ingredients and mashed sweet potato into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
6. Mix dry and wet ingredients together and place mixture into prepared brownie tin.
7. Place in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until cooked through. To check this, simply place a butter knife in the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean it is ready. If not, pop the brownie back in the oven for a few more minutes.
8. This brownie due to its potato content is very gooey so it is best stored in the fridge to become a very fudge type slice.
9. The brownie is best served on its on or with some coconut ice cream and fruit. Enjoy!
Tip - For best storage results, line a large container with baking paper and store in the fridge for up to seven days.
Recipe by Brynley King
A blogger of all things coconut from - goingcoconuts.com.au - Bryn is Australia’s Certified Organic under 30 winner, Going Coconuts Recipe App Creator, International Published Author of Going Coconuts (Australia) & Superfood Kokos (Europe). // You can also check out Bryn’s latest and best selling Going Coconuts Baking Mixes including healthy sticky date + cinnamon donuts in all good health food stores across Australia & New Zealand <3