Bryn’s 5 Best Coconut Inspired Christmas Recipes
Bryn’s 5 BEST Coconut Inspired Christmas Recipes
Bryn shares FIVE of her BEST Christmas recipes from her new iTunes App 'Going Coconuts' including cocktails, pavlova and Christmas presents in jars!
You can find the app here: 'Going Coconuts iTunes Recipe App'
1. Cocktails. Cocktails. Cocktails.
Speaks for itself right?! Christmas is a time for a beverage or two so here’s one of my new favourites. Best of all these can be premade in jars and left in an ice bucket or esky for you to give out to your guests on Christmas Day. This recipe came about from my besty Shay a few weekends ago after she turned up at my house with frozen berries for our cocktails. Absolute genius!
Shays Berry Spritzer
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO | VEGAN | DAIRY FREE
Approx. $1.80 AUD per batch - $1.80 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Glass or Mason jar
1 shot vodka
1 cup coconut water
Dash of lemon lime and bitters
3 lime wedges
¼ cup mixed frozen berries
1 cup ice
1. Roll lime on your bench before cutting into wedges, it will help get the juice flowing.
2. Cut the lime into wedges and place aside.
3. Add a dash of lemon lime and bitters to the sides of the jar or glass, almost like coating the sides.
4. Place lime wedges in the glass, followed by mixed berries and ice.
5. Pour in a shot of vodka and add coconut water.
6. Serve and enjoy responsibly!
2. Non-Traditional Aussie Christmas Cake!
Move over traditional Christmas cakes… This is an Australian favourite – a beautiful Pavlova! Sorry Vegan friends, I couldn’t resist a beautiful Pav recipe in here!
Vanilla Pavlova with Whipped Coconut Cream, Caramel Sauce, Pomegranates & Figs
GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE OPTION
Approx. $8.32 AUD per batch - $1.04 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Baking tray, electric mixer (on a stand) and oven
6 large egg whites
1 ½ cups caster sugar - I have tried coconut sugar three times and I can not get it to work :(
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. corn flour
4 fresh figs, quartered
½ pomegranate arils
1 cup thickened cream, whipped or for a dairy free option whipped coconut cream
1 cup caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 130°C or 266°F and place baking rack at the bottom of the oven.
2. Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper and draw a circle in the middle; this will be your guide for the Pavlova shape.
3. As you will be mixing the egg whites for quite sometime, use an electric mixer on a stand for this section.
4. Beat egg whites, sugar, vinegar and vanilla on a medium to high speed for around 15 – 18 minutes until firm peaks start to form.
5. Sift in the corn flour and fold the mixture using a spatula.
6. Using a spoon, add portions of the mixture to the baking tray, inside the circle, until the entire mixture is on the baking tray.
7. Reduce the oven temperature down to around 85°C or 185°F. Place the mixture in the oven for 1 hour until crisp looking.
8. Leaving the oven door open, let the Pavlova sit in the oven to cool for a further 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow Pavlova to set. Taking it out too early can cause the Pavlova to collapse.
9. Allow the Pavlova to set overnight in an airtight container at room temperature.
10. Right before serving, add garnish ingredients to the Pavlova and enjoy!
3. Homemade Gifts in Jars
Homemade gifts in jars make the ultimate Christmas gifts with love! The following recipes can be made and placed in cute little mason jars with a tag and twine.
Wild Orange Truffles
I have become addicted to these truffles! They are incredibly healthy and have become a staple in my fridge!
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO | VEGAN | RAW | DAIRY FREE
Approx. $11.30 AUD per batch - $0.47 AUD per ball
Equipment Required: Blender or food processor
1 cup dates
1 cup cashews
½ cup raw cacao powder
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp. coconut oil
5 drops wild orange essential oil
(I use Doterra, I highly recommend investing in a bottle – this product is magic in the kitchen!)
1. Add dates, cashews, cacao and desiccated coconut to your food processor and blend.
2. Add coconut oil and essential oil and process again.
3. Roll into bite size balls and place on baking paper on a tray in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Serve with a hot cup of tea and enjoy!
4. Glazed Coconut Nectar Macadamias
Quite possibly the best 3pm snack you will ever taste!
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO | VEGAN | DAIRY FREE
Approx. $7.38 AUD per batch - $0.73 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Baking tray & oven
1 cup macadamias
2 tbsp. coconut nectar syrup
½ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C or 320°F.
2. Prepare a flat baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine macadamias, coconut nectar, cinnamon and coconut sugar in a bowl.
3. Spread mixture evenly onto baking tray and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until coconut sugar is melted.
4. Once cooked allow cooling and then place in an airtight jar.
Coffee & Sugar Body Scrub
Your Christmas guests will love this amazing little homemade gift!
COMPLETELY MADE FROM NATURAL INGREDIENTS
Approx. $7.51 AUD per entire batch
Equipment Required: Jar
½ cup ground coffee beans
½ cup raw or caster sugar
1 cup coconut oil
Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight jar in your bathroom. For best preserving results, use a mason jar.
Love bryn, ernie and lola xx